the landslide!

We like to walk to Mt. Adams once or twice a year when the weather is pleasant just for something to do. For some reason I was surprised how fast we got there Saturday, it doesn't seem as far away as it used to. I was half wondering if we could walk there faster than we could drive. Probably not but it almost felt that way. The reason we hiked up this time was Ms. 5chw4r7z wanted to check out the landslide on Baum St. The slide was bad, lots of debre and at least one building damaged, although it could have been worse. There were a few precarious looking chucks of concrete, big pieces, so we weren't keen to get very close.
Walking is still the best way to see stuff you've never noticed before. I'll never cease to be amazed at what I haven't noticed yet in my travels.
On that note a friend of mine, Derek, wants to start an Urban Hiking group. This is going to be really interesting and educational I bet, I already have one hike in mind and people where chiming in with their ideas. More and more people are catching on to the idea that the city is the new outdoors. Cincinnati shouldn't be a place people drive into and leave when the ballgame is over, the city has so much more to offer than that. I can't wait to explorre even more of it with like minded enthusiasts.
Check it out HERE.

Mt. Adams walk
Mt. Adams walk
Mt. Adams walk
Mt. Adams walk
Mt. Adams walk
Mt. Adams walk
Mt. Adams walk
Mt. Adams walk
Mt. Adams walk
The infamous Baum St landslide!
Mt. Adams walk
I know where there is a secret stash of rubarb growing.
Mt. Adams walk
This guy was riding a single speed up the hill to Mt. Adams! Hardcore.
Mt. Adams walk
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos and great post! I recently altered my weekend rucking (carrying 50 lbs on my back in a rucksack, hence the term) route to include Mt.Adams and had the sane observation about how quick it is to reach.

    ReplyDelete